[Pirate Times Newsletter] The seventh edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Sun Dec 23 19:12:19 CET 2012

===== Edition 7 =====
vom December 23, 2012

Welcome to the last edition of the Pirate Times for 2012! First of all<br />
we have to thank all of you for your appreciation through Flattr and<br />
also the Young Pirates of East Sweden for awarding us with "Pirate<br />
Blogger of the Year". We start with a report on the protests in<br />
Slovenia and then a report over the conference of the Young Pirates of<br />
Sweden. There is even more news from Sweden, the Pirate Party of<br />
Sweden is pressing charges against several banks for the Wikileaks<br />
boycott. In the United Kingdom, the local Pirate Party is being<br />
threatend by the music industry, even at a personal level, for running<br />
a Pirate Bay proxy. Basicly the same thing has happend to the Pirate<br />
Party of the Netherlands and both parties are in need of donations in<br />
order to fight back. Meanwhile the Pirate Party UK has taken down<br />
their proxy to protect their members. We end this newsletter with good<br />
news form Norway. The Pirate Party there has gathered enough<br />
signatures to form an official political party and with that we wish<br />
all of you all the best for the rest of 2012 and a piratic new year!<br />
The Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read the Pirate Times online<br />
at our blog [1] or for offline reading just download the PDF version:<br />
http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2012/12/edition7.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

Flattr Appreciation During November Euro 17.94
Pirate Times wins the “Pirate Blogger of the Year” award
Slovenia: Protests against corrupt politicians continue
Swedish Young Pirates Confer on Mental Health and Labour Politics
Music industry seeks to ruin Pirate Party leaders
Pirate Party Charges Banks for WikiLeaks Boycott
Pirate Party Norway has 5000 Signatures, Parliament Next Step

Flattr Appreciation During November Euro 17.94
vom December 13, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In November we had 40 things flattred by 18 unique users. In total we
were flattred 92 times this month and received Euro 17.94 in support
for our work. Compared to last month the flattr donations were fewer
but it is still a substantial sum, that will help us expand our work
for Pirate Times.

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-november-euro-17-94/
Pirate Times wins the “Pirate Blogger of the Year” award
vom December 15, 2012 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

On a recent event arranged by the East Sweden chapter of Young
Pirates, Pirate Times has been awarded the "Pirate Blogger of the
Year" prize.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-times-wins-the-pirate-blogger-of-the-year-award/
Slovenia: Protests against corrupt politicians continue
vom December 15, 2012 geschrieben von Matic Urbanija

We have already reported about unrests in Slovenia corruption and Lack
of Transparency Led to Unrest in Slovenia) and the corrupt practices
of Franc Kangler, mayor of city of Maribor. The good news is that the
mayor has announced his resignation and that protests against
corruption have spread all over Slovenia. The all-Slovenian protest
has already been announced on Facebook and is scheduled for 21
December. Will it mark the end of the old and a beginning of a new era
for Slovenia?

http://piratetimes.net/slovenia-protests-against-corrupt-politicians-continue/
Swedish Young Pirates Confer on Mental Health and Labour Politics
vom December 16, 2012 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

In mid-November 2012, around fifty Young Pirates came to the Swedish
town of Norrköping for a two-day political conference with focus on
mental health and labour market politics. The purpose of the
conference was to stimulate discussion and debate among the members,
and to encourage and motivate members to develop politics in these
areas. Apart from the discussions, the conference also saw four
different speakers.

http://piratetimes.net/swedish-young-pirates-confer-on-mental-health-and-labour-politics/
Music industry seeks to ruin Pirate Party leaders
vom December 17, 2012 geschrieben von Daniel Ebbert

The Pirate Party of the United Kingdom has been threatend by the music
industry for hosting a Pirate Bay proxy. Also their leaders have been
threated on personal level that they would be finacially ruined.
Similar the same has happend to the Pirate Bay of the Netherlands and
both parties are in need of donations.

http://piratetimes.net/music-industry-seeks-to-ruin-pirate-party-leaders/
Pirate Party Charges Banks for WikiLeaks Boycott
vom December 18, 2012 geschrieben von Dominic Guhl

The Swedish Pirate Party is pressing charges against banks in Sweden
for presumed acts of discrimination against WikiLeaks. The leaks
organisation has been declined receiving donations by several payment
providers since 2010. In 2010, donations to WikiLeaks have been
blocked by several financial institutes, including Visa, MasterCard,
PayPal - and Swedish banks.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-charges-banks-for-wikileaks-boycott/
Pirate Party Norway has 5000 Signatures, Parliament Next Step
vom December 19, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

On Sunday 16 December 2012 the Pirate Party of Norway managed to reach
the 5000 signatures, the amount required to form a political party in
Norway. Their next goal is to enter the Norwegian Parliament during
the 2013 elections.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-norway-has-5000-signatures-parliament-next-step/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe [1] from our newsletter.<br />
We always appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have<br />
comments, ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a<br />
mail to: contact at piratetimes.net<br />
Links:<br />