[Pirate Times Newsletter] The fifth edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Sat Nov 24 14:35:53 CET 2012

===== Edition 5 =====
vom November 24, 2012

Welcome to the fifth edition of the Pirate Times! This edition begins<br />
with an update on the Pirates in Greece who started with direct<br />
democracy in their party and set sail for the future. Also the Swedish<br />
Pirates finished their annual fall meeting and made some important<br />
decisions. Furthermore we have good news from Slovenia, the party<br />
there is now offically registerd. In Germany the Pirates in Lower<br />
Saxony started a controversial campaign. This weekend also holds a lot<br />
of pirate events. There are general assemblies in Germany, Hungary and<br />
the Netherlands and regional elections in Catalonia. There will also<br />
be a new Pirate Party founded in Iceland. So stay tuned for more<br />
information on these topics. You can also read the Pirate Times online<br />
at our blog [1] or for offline reading just download the PDF version:<br />
http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2012/11/edition5.pdf The Pirate Times Team<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

A Busy Weekend for Pirates on the International Stage
Mediagoblin: Media hosting done right
Controversial poster campaign of the Lower Saxon Pirates
UK Pirates Get a Good Result in Manchester By-Election
Flattr Appreciation During October Euro 29.81
Pirate Party of Slovenia Officially Registered and Prepared for New Challenges
PPSE: Decriminalising Narcotics, Separation of Church & More
Greek Pirates Set Sail for the Future of Politics

A Busy Weekend for Pirates on the International Stage
vom November 23, 2012 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Pirate Times team is getting ready to report on a lot of Pirate
activity this weekend 24-25 November 2012. Three national conferences,
one election and the foundation of a new national Pirate Party.

http://piratetimes.net/a-busy-weekend-for-pirates-on-the-international-stage/
Mediagoblin: Media hosting done right
vom November 21, 2012 geschrieben von Loïc Grobol

Do you share videos, sounds, pictures or 3D models? If so, you
probably had to create accounts for countless sites, one for each
medium. Every single one of them is run by a different private company
with its own agenda and onerous user agreements that you have to trust
for keeping your files online. But don't worry, this won't last. The
GNU project is working for safe, free and transparent content hosting.
Its new baby is named MediaGoblin.

http://piratetimes.net/mediagoblin-media-hosting-done-right/
Controversial poster campaign of the Lower Saxon Pirates
vom November 19, 2012 geschrieben von Justus Römeth

At a press conference today at 11:00 CET the Pirate Party Lower Saxony
[1] released their election program, their election video spot as well
as their poster campaign to the participants of the press conference.
It was held at Kulturzentrum Faust e.V., and had about 60 guests in
attendance, among them a lot of press representatives.

http://piratetimes.net/controversial-poster-campaign-of-the-lower-saxon-pirates/
UK Pirates Get a Good Result in Manchester By-Election
vom November 18, 2012 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The United Kingdom Pirate Party had a good result in the recent
by-election held on 15 November 2012 in the city of Manchester. The
seat of Manchester Central was left vacant after the sitting Member of
Parliament, Tony Lloyd of the Labour Party, resigned to become Police
and Crime Commissioner for the city.

http://piratetimes.net/uk-pirates-get-a-good-result-in-manchester-by-election/
Flattr Appreciation During October Euro 29.81
vom November 14, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In the spirit of transparency here is our income report for September.
We were flattred 125 times by 19 people and received €29.81 in
support for our work. We are still working on stabilizing the writing
for Pirate Times but will hopefully expand the work a bit in a month
or two.

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-october-euro-29-81/
Pirate Party of Slovenia Officially Registered and Prepared for New Challenges
vom November 13, 2012 geschrieben von Matic Urbanija

On the  historic date of 5 November 2012, the Interior Ministry of the
Republic of Slovenia officially confirmed that the Pirate Party of
Slovenia is listed in the registry of Slovenian political parties.
This was a last step in a long process of establishing a Pirate Party
in Slovenia.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-of-slovenia-officially-registered-and-prepared-for-new-challenges/
PPSE: Decriminalising Narcotics, Separation of Church & More
vom November 12, 2012 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

The Swedish Pirate Party finished their annual fall meeting Sunday,
after over a month focusing on broadening the party platform. Among
the approved motions were decriminalising narcotics for personal use,
separation of church and state, and increased transparency in
research.

http://piratetimes.net/ppse-decriminalising-narcotics-separation-of-church-more/
Greek Pirates Set Sail for the Future of Politics
vom November 11, 2012 geschrieben von Stathis Leivaditis

Innovative decision-making processes  have been introduced by Greek
Pirates in their country. Last weekend in Athens' Cultural Centre of
Grava, well known for the student occupations of the 1990's, they
experienced a taste of direct democracy in the first congress of the
Greek Pirate Party.

http://piratetimes.net/greek-pirates-set-sail-for-the-future-of-politics/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe [1] from our newsletter.<br />
We always appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have<br />
comments, ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a<br />
mail to: contact at piratetimes.net<br />
Links:<br />