[Pirate Times Newsletter] The third edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Wed Oct 24 14:23:19 CEST 2012

===== Edition 3 =====
vom October 24, 2012

Hello,  welcome to the Pirate Times Newsletter! You can also read the<br />
Pirate Times online at our blog [1] or for offline reading just<br />
download the PDF version: http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2012/10/edition3.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

Results From the First ‘Piratas de Galicia’ Election!
Organising a Regular Meeting
Czech PP Celebrates First Pirate Senator
First time elections for the Galician Pirates
Greek Pirates Reach 1% In Polls And Are Ready For Their 1st Congress
Pirate Party in ACT Australia Elections
Introduction of The Pirate Party of Slovenia
Belgian Pirate Party Election Results, 14 votes short
Czech Pirate Party Election Results
Regional and municipal elections in Belgium
Pirate Party Sweden Sees Major Member Surge
Flattr Appreciation During September Euro 20.49
Czech Pirates Prepare for National Elections

Results From the First ‘Piratas de Galicia’ Election!
vom October 23, 2012 geschrieben von Stathis Leivaditis

How does it feel to be a Pirate in Rajoy’s homeland?   The
expression “Ben feito Piratas” (“well done Pirates” in the
Galician language) describes in one phrase the final assessment of the
first electoral participation for Piratas de Galicia.

http://piratetimes.net/ben-feito-piratas-first-piratas-de-galicia-footprint-in-rajoys-homeland/
Organising a Regular Meeting
vom October 21, 2012 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

One of the reasons for Germany's Pirate success is the use of a type
of local meeting called a Stammtisch (a table in a bar for regulars).
If there are enough Pirates in your local geographical area, who would
enjoy meeting up on a regular basis, then you can think about setting
up a Stammtisch.

http://piratetimes.net/organising-a-regular-meeting/
Czech PP Celebrates First Pirate Senator
vom October 20, 2012 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Czechs have their first elected Pirate Senator. Pirates worldwide
will be rejoicing with PPCZ as they celebrate Libor Michálek's
success in the senatorial elections. Famous, in his own country, as a
whistle blower for exposing corruption in 1996 when he worked for the
National Property Fund.

http://piratetimes.net/czech-pp-celebrates-first-pirate-senator/
First time elections for the Galician Pirates
vom October 19, 2012 geschrieben von Patrick Schiffer

The Galician Pirates elections as political party for the first time
declaring system of political parties not work in the twenty-first
century society and change it  to hack the laws and our goals direct
democracy full transparency."

http://piratetimes.net/first-time-elections-for-the-galician-pirates/
Greek Pirates Reach 1% In Polls And Are Ready For Their 1st Congress
vom October 18, 2012 geschrieben von Stathis Leivaditis

Peiratikó Kómma Elládos (Pirate Party Greece) looks eagerly ahead
to the future. A recent poll gave them twice as much electoral
influence as they had in the May elections. The Greek Pirates are now
full of optimism, ready for their first Conference on 3-4 November
2012  in Athens. The aims of the Conference are to vote in the first
elected board leading the party into the EU Regional Elections in 2014
and will ratify its statutes and principles.

http://piratetimes.net/greek-pirates-reach-1-in-polls-and-are-ready-for-their-1st-congress/
Pirate Party in ACT Australia Elections
vom October 17, 2012 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Australian pirate Party will be contesting seats in the  ACT
(Australian Capital Territory) elections being held on 20 October
2012. Unfortunately they were not able to field candidates under the
Pirate Party name as they fell six members short  of the 100 required
to be able to register as a political party in the  territory

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-in-act-elections/
Introduction of The Pirate Party of Slovenia
vom October 16, 2012 geschrieben von Matic Urbanija

The Pirate Party of Slovenia (Piratska stranka Slovenije) is having a
constitutional congress on 17 October 2012, and all Pirates in
Slovenia are very excited about this. We asked its leader  a few
questions about this event and a few other things related to party
activities in the past.

http://piratetimes.net/introduction-pirate-party-of-slovenia/
Belgian Pirate Party Election Results, 14 votes short
vom October 15, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

The Belgians are pleased with the result from the elections. They got
between 0.5% and 5.16% of the votes in the regional elections. In the
region of 'Ottignies-Louvain-le-Neuve' they were 14 votes short of
gaining a seat in the city council.

http://piratetimes.net/belgian-pirate-party-election-results-14-votes-short/
Czech Pirate Party Election Results
vom October 15, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

The Czech Pirate Party had a successful regional election with an
average of 2.19% in the different regions. The first part of the
senator elections also took place where one Pirate candidate advanced
to the second round. With a total vote count of 57 000 for PPCZ they
did not manage to get elected in the regional elections but it is a
good sign for the future. Compared to the last election they managed
to increase their votes with 275%. In the different regions they
scored between 1.41% and 3.03%.

http://piratetimes.net/czech-pirate-party-election-results/
Regional and municipal elections in Belgium
vom October 13, 2012 geschrieben von Patrick Schiffer

Tomorrow, on the 14th October 2012 the regional and municipal
elections are taking place in Belgium, which has compulsory voting for
every citizen from 18 years of age. Legal sanctions still exist, but
they haven't been enforced by prosecutors since 2003.

http://piratetimes.net/regional-and-municipal-elections-in-belgium/
Pirate Party Sweden Sees Major Member Surge
vom October 12, 2012 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

Swedish hosting company PRQ were raided October 1, causing a shutdown
of up to 50 file sharing sites. As a result, the member count of the
Swedish Pirate Party increased rapidly, almost doubling in just two
weeks.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-sweden-sees-major-member-surge/
Flattr Appreciation During September Euro 20.49
vom October 12, 2012 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In the spirit of transparency here is our income report for September.
We were flattred 98 times by 15 people and received €20.49 in
support for our work. We have received enough to cover our running
costs and the donations will go to future projects for helping the
international pirate movement.

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-september-e-20-49/
Czech Pirates Prepare for National Elections
vom October 11, 2012 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

The Czech Pirate Party is getting ready for both regional and national
elections this weekend, with pre-election polls ranging around 2 %.

http://piratetimes.net/czech-pirates-prepare-for-national-elections/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. In case you want to unsubscribe<br />
from our newsletter, click here [1] and follow the instructions.<br />
Links:<br />