[Pirate Times Newsletter] The fourteenth edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Fri Apr 12 18:55:25 CEST 2013

===== Edition 14 =====
vom April 12, 2013

Welcome to the fourteenth edition of the Pirate Times Newsletter. To<br />
start with we wrote a report on the declaration on parliamentary<br />
openness. We continue with great news from Iceland, their Pirate Party<br />
is polling at 7.8% with just two weeks left until the elections.<br />
Furthermore we bring you a article form our regular series on the<br />
pirate movement and call for actions to help to form a european pirate<br />
party. We also have excellent news from the pirate party of Crotia,<br />
they could get enough votes to elect another pirate MEP. We're ending<br />
with one of our quizzes and hope you enjoy the news and we're always<br />
happy for feedback, ideas or tips at contact at piratetimes.net The<br />
Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read the Pirate Times online at<br />
our blog [1] or for offline reading just download the PDF version:<br />
http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2013/04/edition14.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

Politics For the People – the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness
Pirate Party Iceland Polling at 7.8% with 17 Days Left Until Elections
The Pirate Movement on Facebook and Twitter – March 2013
Pirate Times Review   01 – 07 April 2013
Call for Action to Help European Pirate Party Form
Croatian Pirates at the Gates of European Parliament
Pirate Times Quiz March 2013
Pirate Times Review   25 – 31 March 2013

Politics For the People – the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness
vom April 12, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

Democracy is being "re-imagined" and there are several organizations
outside of parliaments trying to open up this information for the
people.

http://piratetimes.net/politics-for-the-people/
Pirate Party Iceland Polling at 7.8% with 17 Days Left Until Elections
vom April 10, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

With only 17 days left until their elections the Pirate Party of
Iceland has reached 7.8% in their latest polling by MMR.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-iceland-polling-at-7-8-with-17-days-left-until-elections/
The Pirate Movement on Facebook and Twitter – March 2013
vom April 9, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

During the month of March the Pirate movement grew by 5,746 followers
on Facebook and 4,242 followers on twitter. This brings the total
amount of people following a Pirate Party on Facebook or Twitter to
700,744 people.

http://piratetimes.net/the-pirate-movement-on-facebook-and-twitter-march-2013/
Pirate Times Review   01 – 07 April 2013
vom April 7, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the
previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-times-review-01-07-april-2013/
Call for Action to Help European Pirate Party Form
vom April 6, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

The European Parliament will be voting on a crucial dossier which
details the conditions under which a European Political party may be
registered and receive funding. Some amendments have been tabled, but
the draft report risks ending up benefiting the mostly old, monolithic
and not-very-united-across-borders political parties.

http://piratetimes.net/call-for-action-to-help-european-pirate-party-form/
Croatian Pirates at the Gates of European Parliament
vom April 4, 2013 geschrieben von Stathis Leivaditis

Are we going to be celebrating the entry of an additional Pirate MEP
in the European Parliament?  The answer lies in the hands of Croatian
citizens and we will find out  on 14 April 2013, when their first,
historic EU election will be held in their country. Polls in Croatia
have shown that “Piratska Stranka” (PPHR) attracts 6.4% of the
voters (surpassing the limit of 5%), more than enough to elect a MEP!

http://piratetimes.net/croatian-pirates-at-the-gates-of-european-parliament/
Pirate Times Quiz March 2013
vom April 3, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

Here is the second Pirate Times Quiz  based on the news published in
March 2013 and some Pirate Trivia.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-times-quiz-march-2013/
Pirate Times Review   25 – 31 March 2013
vom April 1, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that happened in the previous week and
a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-times-review-25-31-march-2013/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at<br />
http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/piratetimes . We always<br />
appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have comments,<br />
ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a mail to:<br />
contact at piratetimes.net