[Pirate Times Newsletter] The eleventh edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Sun Feb 24 13:25:27 CET 2013

===== Edition 11 =====
vom February 24, 2013

Welcome to the eleventh edition of the Pirate Times newsletter.<br />
Starting with a guest post from the United States about the<br />
International Privacy Day, this edition covers an update to our Pirate<br />
world map. We also introduce a project for international partnerships<br />
between pirates, cover the Italian elections, and inform you about the<br />
process of founding a Pirate Party Europe. Furthermore the Pirate<br />
Party Sweden has been threatened with a law suit because they still<br />
support The Pirate Bay; and the EU is intending to privatise the basis<br />
of all life, our water. However, we also have reasons to celebrate -<br />
the Pirate Times has been up and running for half a year now and we<br />
are reviewing this period. We hope you enjoy these news and we're<br />
always happy for feedback, ideas or tips at contact at piratetimes.net<br />
The Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read the Pirate Times online<br />
at our blog [1] or for offline reading just download the PDF version:<br />
http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2013/02/edition11.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

The Importance of International Privacy Day in the United States
The Pirate World 2013
Pilot project for International Pirate Partnerships Announced
Italian Elections  24–25 February 2013
PPEU: Progress in Paris
Sweden Pirate Party Threatened with Law Suit
P-review
Pirate Party of Poland Registered as a Political Party
EU Intends to Privatise the “Basis of all Life”
International Privacy Day 23rd February 2013
Flattr Appreciation During January Euro 22.40
6 Months of Pirate Times (Aug 13-Feb 12)
How To: Make a School Tour With Pirate Politics

The Importance of International Privacy Day in the United States
vom February 24, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

My homeland: Ravished and tarnished by the claws of tyranny, and yet
the little boy who is suppose to cry wolf remains silent – too busy
with the puppet show. And when the day comes when drone squadrons fly
overhead, and there’s a CCTV camera on every street corner, the
little boy who will cry wolf will be taken in the night.

http://piratetimes.net/the-importance-of-international-privacy-day-in-the-united-states/
The Pirate World 2013
vom February 23, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

The Pirate Movement as updated since the last post. Latest count of
Pirate Parties in the world = 64 Pirate Parties (registered 23, active
27, low activity 11, conflicting parties 3).

http://piratetimes.net/the-pirate-world-2013/
Pilot project for International Pirate Partnerships Announced
vom February 22, 2013 geschrieben von Justus Römeth

the Pirates of St. Vith, in Belgium and the Pirates of Düsseldorf are
starting the first  "grenzenlos Piraten-Partnerschaft" (border-less
pirate partnership). The concept of partnerships, also called
twinning, between two local Pirate groups in different geographical
locations.

http://piratetimes.net/pilot-project-for-international-pirate-partnerships-announced/
Italian Elections  24–25 February 2013
vom February 21, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Italian Pirates are not able to field candidates in the coming
elections in Italy. Not wanting to just sit on the side lines and
watch, they found a suitable candidate to support in Arturo di
Corinto.

http://piratetimes.net/italian-elections-25-26-february-2013/
PPEU: Progress in Paris
vom February 20, 2013 geschrieben von Loïc Grobol

During the first week-end of February, the Statutes Group of the PPEU
project had a meeting in Paris. About thirty pirates from a dozen
Pirate Parties were physically present, while others followed the
debates remotely from Mumble.

http://piratetimes.net/ppeu-progress-in-paris/
Sweden Pirate Party Threatened with Law Suit
vom February 19, 2013 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

Today,19 Ferbuary 2013, the Pirate Party Pirate Party of Sweden
reported that it received a letter from the Rights Alliance on account
of the party supplying The Pirate Bay with Internet access.

http://piratetimes.net/sweden-pirate-party-threatened-with-law-suit/
P-review
vom February 19, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

This is the first of a new feature   in the Pirate Times.  A regular
review of the what the Pirate Times brought you in the previous week
from Monday to Sunday plus some things we did not cover and a look at
events in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review/
Pirate Party of Poland Registered as a Political Party
vom February 18, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

On Monday 18 February 2013 The Polish Pirate Party announced that is
has gained official registration as a political party

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-party-of-poland-registered-as-a-political-party/
EU Intends to Privatise the “Basis of all Life”
vom February 17, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

As with all raw materials is water is also not indefinitely available.
If water becomes a commodity in the conventional sense, it means:
increasing demand will decrease the quantity available and prices will
rise.

http://piratetimes.net/eu-intends-to-privatise-the-basis-of-all-life/
International Privacy Day 23rd February 2013
vom February 16, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

Next weekend, Saturday 23 February 2013, citizens are being called to
action in the defence of privacy.

http://piratetimes.net/international-privacy-day-23rd-february-2013/
Flattr Appreciation During January Euro 22.40
vom February 14, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In January we had 36 things flattred by 19 unique users. In total we
were flattred 79 times this month and received Euro 22.40 in support
for our work. We are about to launch a few more parts to Pirate Times
(a podcast and translations into Spanish and French) were we might use
some of your donations to improve our news service. Every donation we
get is very important and means a lot to us. As one of our authors
wrote: "I think I've never been made so happy by 43 cents"

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-janary-euro-22-40/
6 Months of Pirate Times (Aug 13-Feb 12)
vom February 13, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

Today we celebrate six months of being a pirate news service. During
our first 183 days of activity we have managed to publish 120
articles, creating an average of 470 words per day. We have attracted
45 966 visitors where 79.6% of them came from Europe.

http://piratetimes.net/6-months-of-pirate-times-aug-13-feb-12/
How To: Make a School Tour With Pirate Politics
vom February 11, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

Students are generally interested in the type of politics that the
Pirate Party has and thus make a good audience. Talking in a school
gives you an opportunity to inform about your important political
issues. It also gives an opportunity to attract new voters or members
for your party.

http://piratetimes.net/how-to-make-a-school-tour-with-pirate-politics/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe [1] from our newsletter.<br />
We always appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have<br />
comments, ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a<br />
mail to: contact at piratetimes.net<br />
Links:<br />