[Pirate Times Newsletter] The nineth edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Thu Jan 24 19:07:19 CET 2013

===== Edition 9 =====
vom January 24, 2013

Welcome to the ninth edition of the Pirate Times newsletter. Today's<br />
newsletter starts with news from Russia. The Pirate Party there has<br />
once again had problems with their registration. They got refused this<br />
time because their name contains the word "pirate". We have had<br />
elections in the state Lower Saxony in Germany and in Israel - no <br />
seats won in either case but respectable results all the same,<br />
especially for Israel which has only been registered as an official<br />
party for two months. Speaking of registration as a recognized party,<br />
congratulations go to the Pirate Party of Australia which just joined<br />
this special club. A special new feature is an interactive map showing<br />
which countries have Pirate Parties and their level of activity as at<br />
the end of last year. We trust this will soon be need to be bought up<br />
to date in more that just Australia's case. The Czech Pirate Party<br />
find themselves under attack from Lego so they are fighting back. Also<br />
it is time to thank you again for those Flattr donations.  We hope you<br />
enjoy these news and we're always happy for feedback, ideas or tips at<br />
contact at piratetimes.net The Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read<br />
the Pirate Times online at our blog [1] or for offline reading just<br />
download the PDF version: http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2013/01/edition9.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

The Pirate Party of Russia Refused Registration Again
Copyright campaign against LEGO
Flattr Appreciation During December Euro 21.12
Pirate Party of Lower Saxony Fighting to make it into State Parliament
Pirate Party Australia Registers as a Political Party
Lower Saxony Pirates Fail to Gain Seats in State Parliament
Pirates ran in 2013 Israeli Elections
The Pirate World 2012

The Pirate Party of Russia Refused Registration Again
vom January 14, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Russian Ministry of Justice had refused to register PPRU again.
Because “using in the name the word "pirate" that allegedly does not
conform to the party's goals and objectives “. The Russian Pirates
see this decision as being politically motivated and a delaying tactic
as the legal justification is riddled with errors and inconsistencies.

http://piratetimes.net/the-pirate-party-of-russia-refused-registration/
Copyright campaign against LEGO
vom January 16, 2013 geschrieben von Daniel Ebbert

As a result of an election spot used by the Czech Pirate Party the
party found themself confronted with a preliminary injunction to take
this spot down. While they are waiting for the court ruling they
started a campaign against LEGO.

http://piratetimes.net/copyright-campaign-against-lego/
Flattr Appreciation During December Euro 21.12
vom January 17, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In December we had 47 things flattred by 15 unique users. In total we
were flattred 103 times this month and received Euro 21.12 in support
for our work. Our total current account balance is 96.88 Euros and
we're discussing how to invest the money.

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-december-euro-21-12/
Pirate Party of Lower Saxony Fighting to make it into State Parliament
vom January 19, 2013 geschrieben von Justus Römeth

Saturday  is the last day of campaigning  for the Lower Saxon Pirates
before the state parliament (Landtag) elections on Sunday 20.01.2013 .
The Pirate Party of Lower Saxony (Piratenpartei Niedersachsen) is
accompanying its controversial posters  with a lot of street
campaigning.

http://piratetimes.net/lower-saxony-state-elections/
Pirate Party Australia Registers as a Political Party
vom January 21, 2013 geschrieben von Mozart Olbrycht-Palmer

Pirate Party Australia announced today, 21 January 2012 that its
application for registration as a federal political party passed all
tests and is now on the register of political parties.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-paarty-of-australia-registered/
Lower Saxony Pirates Fail to Gain Seats in State Parliament
vom January 22, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

Hundreds of Lower Saxony Pirates gathered in Hanover to watch the
results come in. Their share of the vote rose to 2.1% but not enough
to pass the 5% hurdle that guarantees parliamentary seats.

http://piratetimes.net/no-seats-for-pirates-in-lower-saxony/
Pirates ran in 2013 Israeli Elections
vom January 23, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The Pirates in Israel did not reach the hoped for 2% hurdle that would
bring them a place  in the 120 seat Knesset but with, at the time of
writing, 2,408 votes and so 0.07% of the votes they have a respectable
result for a party of  about 300 members.

http://piratetimes.net/pirates-ran-in-2013-israeli-elections/
The Pirate World 2012
vom January 24, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

This is a summary of the Pirate Movement as it was at the end of 2012.
Latest count on Pirate Parties in the world during 2012 = 63 Pirate
Parties (registered 22, active 24, low activity 14, conflicting
parties 3).

http://piratetimes.net/the-pirate-world-2012/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe [1] from our newsletter.<br />
We always appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have<br />
comments, ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a<br />
mail to: contact at piratetimes.net<br />
Links:<br />