[Pirate Times Newsletter] The twelfth edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Sun Mar 10 14:40:05 CET 2013

===== Edition 12 =====
vom March 10, 2013

Welcome to the twelfth edition of the Pirate Times Newsletter. To<br />
start with:- a report about the Swedish Pirate Party. They recently<br />
decided not to work together with the EUD. Continuing on with news<br />
direct from the Galician Pirates, they are now working together with<br />
the NGO “Graba tu Pleno” (“Record your Plenary”). We now offer<br />
a new feature! A quiz! The prize is a patch from the Swedish Pirate<br />
Shop. We also return with our monthly stats about pirate movements. <br />
Of course we also cover the news about the Pirate Bay. The Pirate<br />
Party of Sweden had to stop supporting the Pirate Bay due to legal<br />
threats, but the Pirate Parties in Norway and Catalonia offered to<br />
step in. It didn't take long until the Pirate Party of Norway also<br />
received legal threats, and so they rescinded their support. As the<br />
Pirate Party of Catalonia isn't quite ready, the Pirate Bay had to<br />
come up with another tactic. The solution? They made the world believe<br />
that the Pirate Bay is now hosted in North Korea. There is also news<br />
on the European level, a guide on how to participate in the IPRED<br />
consultation is brought to us by Amelia Andersdotter. She also has set<br />
up a regular streaming service to ask question to MEPs. We hope you<br />
enjoy the news and we're always happy for feedback, ideas or tips at<br />
contact at piratetimes.net The Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read<br />
the Pirate Times online at our blog [1] or for offline reading just<br />
download the PDF version: http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2013/03/edition12.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

The Swedish Pirates say no to the EUDemocrats
Collaboration between the Galician Pirates and “Graba tu Pleno”
The Pirate Movement on Facebook and Twitter – February 2013
North Korea is the New Home For The Pirate Bay
P-review 4 March 2013
EU copyright law – Pirates enable citizen participation
Pirate Times News Quiz February 2013
P-review 26 February 2013
The Hydra Bay – PPSE Pulls Back But TPB Emerges in Norway and Spain
What Would You Ask a Pirate MEP?

The Swedish Pirates say no to the EUDemocrats
vom March 9, 2013 geschrieben von Loïc Grobol

During the latest PP-EU conference, held in Paris, the Swedish
PiratPartiet delegate Mattias Bjärnemalm explained the state of the
negotiations between PP-SE and the Eurosceptic EUDemocrats (EUD –
Alliance for a Europe of Democracies) and invited the other Pirate
Parties to address their concerns regarding this issue.

http://piratetimes.net/the-swedish-pirates-say-no-to-the-eudemocrats/
Collaboration between the Galician Pirates and “Graba tu Pleno”
vom March 7, 2013 geschrieben von Fabián Plaza Miranda

The Galician Pirates have recently started a collaboration project
with the Spanish NGO "Graba tu Pleno" ("Record your Plenary"). In
short, the Pirates will coordinate the NGO's actions in Galicia, and
will receive full media/logistics support in exchange.

http://piratetimes.net/collaboration-between-the-galician-pirates-and-graba-tu-pleno/
The Pirate Movement on Facebook and Twitter – February 2013
vom March 6, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

During the month of February the Pirate movement grew by 9,994
followers on Facebook and 5,586 followers on twitter. This brings the
total amount of people following a Pirate Party on Facebook or Twitter
to 690,756 people

http://piratetimes.net/the-pirate-movement-on-facebook-and-twitter-february-2013/
North Korea is the New Home For The Pirate Bay
vom March 4, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

The content industry is  using its new method of threatening anybody
who tries to help the Pirate Bay with legal action. The ISP, being
used by the Norwegian Pirate Party to provide bandwidth, has been
forced into revoking the access. Instead of threatening the Norwegian
Pirate Party, like they did a week ago in Sweden, they go straight for
their ISP. It is simply force majeure  being used by well funded
international interests.

http://piratetimes.net/north-korea-is-the-new-home-for-the-pirate-bay/
P-review 4 March 2013
vom March 4, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the
previous week  and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review-4-march-2013/
EU copyright law – Pirates enable citizen participation
vom March 2, 2013 geschrieben von Paul Wardenga

The European Commission is currently planning the next revision of
IPRED, the Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Directive. At the
very least the directive is expected to carve the current copyright
regime deeper into stone, thereby further preventing much needed
reform.

http://piratetimes.net/eu-copyright-law-pirates-enable-citizen-participation/
Pirate Times News Quiz February 2013
vom March 1, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

Today we are introducing a new feature in the Pirate Times. At the end
of every month we will be asking a few questions based on the articles
that we have published in that period and some based on Pirate trivia.

http://piratetimes.net/pirate-times-news-quiz-february-2013/
P-review 26 February 2013
vom February 27, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the
previous week  and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review-26-february-2013/
The Hydra Bay – PPSE Pulls Back But TPB Emerges in Norway and Spain
vom February 26, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

One week ago the Pirate Party of Sweden (PPSE) received legal personal
threats for supplying The Pirate Bay (TPB) with Internet access. They
were given a week to make a decision about stopping the provision of
TPB with Internet access or face a legal battle. PPSE decided to step
aside and have handed the responsibility to the Pirate Party of Norway
(PPNO) and the Pirate Party of Catalonia (PPCAT).

http://piratetimes.net/the-hydra-bay-ppse-pulls-back-but-tpb-emerges-in-norway-and-spain/
What Would You Ask a Pirate MEP?
vom February 25, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

On Thursday evening, 21 February 2013, European Pirates got a new way
to connect with Brussels and the European Parliament. Swedish Pirate
MEP Amelia Andersdotter and her capable team have set up a regular
streaming service so that Pirates and of course, any interested person
can watch live and ask questions.

http://piratetimes.net/what-would-you-like-to-ask-a-pirate-mep/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe [1] from our newsletter.<br />
We always appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have<br />
comments, ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a<br />
mail to: contact at piratetimes.net<br />
Links:<br />