[Pirate Times Newsletter] The thirteenth edition.

A pirate newsletter with global news piratetimes at lists.pp-international.net
Mon Mar 25 10:55:34 CET 2013

===== Edition 13 =====
vom March 25, 2013

Welcome to the thirteenth edition of the Pirate Times Newsletter. To<br />
start with we wrote a report of the most recent PP-EU summit in Zagreb<br />
where Pirates from all over Europe worked on a common program. We<br />
continue with excellent news from Poland, their Pirate Party has<br />
started accepting membership requests. We have also started a regular<br />
series of articles about the differences between Pirate Parties. There<br />
has also been a conference in Germany where the German pirates worked<br />
on their European positioning and their economic views. We're ending<br />
with a tips and tricks article about how to work with Placards and a<br />
big thank you all for your Flattr donation. We hope you enjoy the news<br />
and we're always happy for feedback, ideas or tips at<br />
contact at piratetimes.net The Pirates Times Team Btw: You can also read<br />
the Pirate Times online at our blog [1] or for offline reading just<br />
download the PDF version: http://piratetimes.net/wp-uploads/news/2013/03/edition13.pdf<br />
Links:<br />
------<br />
[1] http://piratetimes.net<br />

=== Contents ===

P-review March 18 – 24 2013
PPEU: The Zagreb Summit
Polish Pirate Party started accepting membership requests
Corporations should pay users for sharing their products
P-review 18 March 2013
Political Differences Between the Pirate Parties
Flattr Appreciation During February Euro 29.10
EuWiKon 2.0 – German Pirates push forward positions on Europe and the economy
Tips and Tricks: Placards
P-review 11 March 2013

P-review March 18 – 24 2013
vom March 25, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the
previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review-march-18-24-2013/
PPEU: The Zagreb Summit
vom March 22, 2013 geschrieben von Koen De Voegt

During the weekend of the 16 and 17  March 2013 the Pirate Party of
Croatia (PP-HR) hosted a European Pirate conference. This is part of a
process started on  15 April  2012 during the Pirate Parties
International (PPI) annual General Assembly. The goal is to have a
common election program and to coordinate cooperation between the
different national Pirate Parties and their MEPs.

http://piratetimes.net/ppeu-the-zagreb-summit/
Polish Pirate Party started accepting membership requests
vom March 21, 2013 geschrieben von Zbigniew Łukasiak

On Monday 18 of March 2013  the Polish Pirate Party (PP-PL) started
accepting membership requests

http://piratetimes.net/pppl-accepting-members/
Corporations should pay users for sharing their products
vom March 19, 2013 geschrieben von Stathis Leivaditis

Editiorial: “Pirates”, in the sense corporations put it, have
always existed and are all of us! Wrongly, everyone has made copies of
his favourite music on cassettes and other storage media, because it
was and is illegal. But how many beautiful moments have we
experienced, by being “pirates” and copied music to liberate it
everywhere, at homes of friends friend's homes, in the car, at the
office. It is something that people feel deeply inside them, the
desire to share things with those they love.

http://piratetimes.net/corporations-should-pay-users-for-sharing-their-products/
P-review 18 March 2013
vom March 18, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

Pirate Times Review A regular review of some things that passed the
Pirate Times by in the previous week and a preview of some events
coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review-18-march-2013/
Political Differences Between the Pirate Parties
vom March 15, 2013 geschrieben von Anton Nordenfur

While dozens of Pirate Parties throughout the world agree on the most
fundamental positions concerning copyright reform, patents,
surveillance and government transparency, many parties have started
broadening into other areas. These topics are sometimes more obvious
extensions to the existing politics - open access, IT use in
government, et cetera - but sometimes cover more controversial issues,
often unique for each nation or region, and outlandish in the view of
another party.

http://piratetimes.net/political-differences-between-the-pirate-parties/
Flattr Appreciation During February Euro 29.10
vom March 14, 2013 geschrieben von Josef Ohlsson Collentine

In February we had 41 things flattred by 20 unique users. We also
received 10Eur in flattr donation from one person, THANKS. In total we
were flattred 95 times this month and received Euro 22.40 (+9.50 in
donation) in support for our work.

http://piratetimes.net/flattr-appreciation-during-february-euro-29-10/
EuWiKon 2.0 – German Pirates push forward positions on Europe and the economy
vom March 13, 2013 geschrieben von Paul Wardenga

Last weekend, 9-10 March 2013, about 80 Pirates of the German Pirate
Party met in Frankfurt, Hesse to do a follow-up on last year's
successful conference on European and Economic Policy (or
“EuWiKon”, as the German acronym goes). Just like last time, the
event was organised by Pirates from the party's working groups (WG)
Economics, Europe and Monetary System.

http://piratetimes.net/euwikon-2-0-german-pirates-push-forward-positions-on-europe-and-the-economy/
Tips and Tricks: Placards
vom March 12, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

If you want to use placards as part of a campaign or to advertise an
event then you should make plans well in advance. Here we consider
placards of a size that can be put up by one or two people for a
reasonable cost.

http://piratetimes.net/tips-and-tricks-placards/
P-review 11 March 2013
vom March 11, 2013 geschrieben von Andrew Reitemeyer

A regular review of some things that passed the Pirate Times by in the
previous week and a preview of some events coming in the week ahead.

http://piratetimes.net/p-review-11-march-2013/

Thank you for reading our newsletter. If you for some reason do not<br />
want anymore newsletters you can unsubscribe from our newsletter at<br />
http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/piratetimes . We always<br />
appreciate feedback for improving Pirate Times. If you have comments,<br />
ideas or tips on news we would love to hear from you! Send a mail to:<br />
contact at piratetimes.net